James W. Melisi, M.D., MBA, FACS
Dr. Melisi is originally from New Jersey where he graduated magna cum laude with a BS from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He then obtained his MD from State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine with distinction medical research. His internship and residency were completed at George Washington University Medical Center as well as his MBA at Johns Hopkins University/Carey Business School Medical Services Management. Dr. Melisi has practiced in Reston, Virginia, and Santa Fe, New Mexico, before joining NSA in 2015.
- Surgical management of primary and metastatic tumors of the brain and spine
- Spinal procedures for trauma, disc disease, stenosis and degenerative instability
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery
- Intracranial surgery for vascular lesions including aneurysms and vascular malformation
- Peripheral nerve repair of carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve entrapments
Current Hospital Affiliations
- Henrico Doctors Hospital
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- Memorial Regional Medical Center
- American Board of Neurological Surgery – Board Certified
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Accepting New Patients
- Dr. Melisi is accepting new patients at our West End and Hanover offices.